Educational Practices Series
A highly successful series assists practitioners to improve practice through the provision of short publications which present the results of well–established bodies of research in easy–to–read booklets. Titled the Educational Practices Series, it is coordinated by Stella Vosniadou and is published and distributed through a cooperative arrangement with the International Bureau of Education (IBE) in Switzerland. The titles in the series are:
23. Effective Pedagogy in Social Sciences by Sinnema, C. and Aitken, G.
22. Teaching Fractions by Fazio, L. and Siegler, R.
21. Principles of Instruction by Rosenshine, B.
20. Teaching Other Languages by Bernhardt, E.
19. Effective Pedagogy in Mathematics by Anthony, G., & Walshaw, M.
18. Teacher Professional Learning and Development by Timperley, H.
17. Teaching Science by Staver, J.R.
16.Creating a Safe and Welcoming School by Mayer, D.E.
15.Using New Media by Chung–wai Shih, C., & Weekly, D.E.
14. Teaching Speaking, Listening and Writing by Wallace, T., Stariba, W.E., & Walberg, H.J.
13.Promoting Pre–School Language by Lybolt, J., & Gottfred, C
12.Teaching Reading by Pang, S., & Muaka, A., & Bernhardt, E., & Kamil, M.
11. Academic and Social Emotional Learning by Elias, M.
10. Motivation to Learn by Boekaerts, M.
9. Preventing HIV/AIDS in Schools by Schenker, I.
8.Preventing Behaviour Problems: What Works by Foster, S.L., Brennan, P., Biglan, A., Wang, L., & al–Ghaith, S.
7. How Children Learn by Vosniadou, S.
6. Teaching Additional Languages by Judd, E.L., Tan, L., & Walberg, H.J.
5.Tutoring by Topping, K.
4. Improving Student Achievement in Mathematics by Grouws, D.A., & Cebulla, K.J.
3. Effective Educational Practices by Walberg, H.J., & Paik, S.J.
2. Parents and Learning by Redding, S.
1. Teaching by Brophy, J.
Some of these titles are available in other languages from the IBE Website.
These are PDF files which require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. This can be downloaded free from: Adobe
An alternative, free, PDF reader is available from Foxit Reader